Ten Week Photography Class (Wednesday PM) - Free
The Green Valley Recreation Camera Club is offering members a “Ten Week Photography Class” with the objective of enhancing the photographic skills of participants. The popularity of quality cameras in phones and the vast array of features on cameras has shifted our focus from equipment to the actual photograph. The 2020 “Ten Week Class” will reflect that focus.
• All of the “Instructor Handouts”, some instructional videos and other information will be available on the Internet.
• Any Class Information that needs to be updated during the ten weeks will be sent directly to you through the GVR Camera Club’s Wild Apricot system.
Participants are registered and assigned by day of the week. A member who signed up for Wednesdays would come every Wednesday at 1:30 PM. A member who signed up for the Thursday session would come every Thursday at 9:30 AM and so on. We understand that emergencies arise and that participants may have scheduling conflicts on occasion. If you have a scheduling problem just come to a different session that week.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I'm going to be away for more than a week?
A particular session is only available on the scheduled dates but you can review the class notes and handouts in the "Ten Week Digital Notebook”
How do I get my “Ten Week Digital Notebook”?
"The Ten Week Digital Notebook”, will be Emailed to you as a link.
What should I do if I want a printed copy of The Ten Week Digital Notebook?
Printing the "Ten Week Digital Notebook" can be very expensive. We recommend you just print pages you need for a specific purpose.
Is the course the same as last year?
No, the Camera Club tries to vary the course materials each year but some basic materials remain the same.
Do I have to be a Camera Club member?
Yes you have to be a Camera Club Member for 2019 to take the class and, of course, you also have to be a GVR member.
Do I need to have a digital camera?
Yes, sort of. An iPhone or Android phone is a quality point and shoot camera. Smartphones are welcome.
Do I have to bring my camera to class?
Bring your camera or phone and manual, with charged batteries to Sessions 1 and 2
I have guests visiting me, can they attend a class session with me?
You will have to ask Gene Komaromi to do this at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week 1 Club Orientation
- Wednesday, January 8th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, January 9th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, January 11th at 9:30 AM
Gene Komaromi will facilitate and give an overview of the Ten Week Class and an orientation of the Club. Introduce Club Officers, SIG Leaders, Trips and Activities. Give a tour of Club facilities.
Week 2 Boot Camp 1
- Wednesday, January 15th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, January 16th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, January 18th at 9:30 AM
The Video Class from Creative Live, titled "Photography Kit" will be shown to participants. Parts 1 through 7 will be shown in this session. The viewing time is approximately 2 hours
Week 3 Boot Camp 2
- Wednesday, January 22nd at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, January 23rd at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, January 25th at 9:30 AM
The Creative Live class from the last session will continue with parts 8 through 15.
Week 4 Composition
- Wednesday, January 29th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, January 30th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, February 1st at 9:30 AM
Linda Gregory will be the Facilitator for this session.
Week 5 Photography As Art
- Wednesday, February 5th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, February 6th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, February 8th at 9:30 AM
Sandy Ostrof is the facilitator for this session.
Week 6 Just The Wy It Came From The Camera
- Wednesday, February 12th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, February 13th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, February 15th at 9:30 AM
Jerry Marrion and Gene Komaromi will Facilitate.
Week 7 IPhone Photography
- Wednesday, February 19th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, February 20th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, February 22nd at 9:30 AM
Grace Pitizer will facilitate.
Week 8 Multimedia
- Wednesday, February 26th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, February 27th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, February 29th at 9:30 AM
Bryan and Susan Lavendar will facilitate.
Week 9 Close Up Photography
- Wednesday, March 4th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, March 5th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, March 7th at 9:30 AM
Don Dudevoire will facilitate.
Week 10 Story Telling
- Wednesday, March 11th at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, March 12th at 9:30 AM
- Saturday, March 14th at 9:30 AM
Holly Chorba will facilitate.
To cancel your registration click HERE or contact email@example.com
You must be a member of GVR and the GVR Camera Club to attend this class.