Studio and Fine Art Photography SIG
Mondays @ 1:30PM
Learn advanced techniques of photography, studio lighting, portraiture, table-top still life and more.
Some of the topics we will be discussing during the season will be:
- Review & discuss works of Famous Photographers
- Cropping & composition
- Use of complementary and contrasting color
- Natural enhancements thru selective corrections
- Image manipulation thru various softwares including PhotoShop, Topaz, Aurora HDR, Lightroom etc.
- Photo composing multiple images using advanced masking & layering techniques
- Printing and alternative print making techniques
- Shooting & pre-planning for composites
- Portrait lighting
- Basic & advanced studio lighting
- Product & people photography
We will also be providing feedback and constructive critique sessions as we’ve done in the past.
This SIG will also provide a forum to concentrate on the aspects of fine art photography:
- Learn what comprises fine art photography
- Foster your “artistic voice” and “personal expression”
- Take your photography to a higher level
- Promote the “lost art” of print-making (process, paper selection, printing techniques), as well as presentation and display.
Some of the planned activities will include:
- View and discuss member “fine art” works – artist’s concept, vision and execution
- Foster ‘artistic voice’ and ‘personal expression’
- Learn how to composite, including advanced masking & layering techniques,
- Shooting for composite
- Provide feedback/constructive criticism
- Collaborate on projects.
No reservation necessary – just show up. Bring on a flash drive any images you wish to show and discuss – images must be JPEG only, no RAW or TIFF formats. If you want to deconstruct an edited image, please bring in the native file format (i.e. .psd for PhotoShop, .tsp Topaz Studio, etc.)